- Emergency Services
- Fire Services
Who We Are
The Lacombe Fire Department established in 1907 proudly serves the City of Lacombe and surrounding area with a dynamic and competent team that is dedicated to the protection of all its citizens and anyone who visits the area.
The department is comprised of a fulltime Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief along with half-time administrative support staff. Operations of the department include a paid-on-call Deputy Fire Chief and are comprised of four platoons, each platoon is made up of a Captain, Lieutenant, and ten firefighters and all share on on-call rotation that provides 24/7 coverage.
Lacombe Fire Department responds to on average 300 calls for service each year, services offered by this highly trained and experienced team include but are not limited to the following,
- Structure Fires
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Vehicle Fires
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Medical / Police Assists
- Nuisance Fires
- Automatic Alarms
- Ice / Slow Moving Water Rescue
- Any other type of public support requests
Training is an integral part of our service to the community; we continually train each Tuesday evening to maintain skills and new advancements in the fire service. With leading-edge material and in-house instructors, the department offers countless courses and official certifications through the Office of the Fire Commissioner. The department also participates in training with other departments in the surrounding communities.
Lacombe Fire Department is committed to fire prevention, the department offers a variety of prevention activities such as school tours, presentation at local schools, community requests for information and other fire prevention activities throughout the year. October of each year the department organizes activities around Fire Prevention Week. Check our Facebook page regularly for updates regarding fire prevention notices and activities.
Lacombe Fire Department also offers fire inspection services to the community. Inspections are conducted based on receiving a complaint or request for inspection. The department has highly trained and skilled inspectors that can complete an inspection and offer guidance to ensure that there is compliance with the Alberta Fire Code.
To request an inspection please email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have what it takes to be a firefighter? Always wanted to try something new and give back to your community? Lacombe Fire Department conducts an annual recruit program for its paid-on-call firefighters. Applications are accepted year-round. View and fill out the LFD Recruit Application Checklist (PDF) and submit it to email@example.com .
Under the City of Lacombe Bylaw #389 (PDF) Section 13 the use of Firepits, outdoor fireplaces, stationary and portable barbecues are permitted within the following stipulations,
- Only to be used for the enjoyment of dwelling residents.
- Must be located in a rear yard and no less than 3.4 meters (10 feet) from any combustibles
- Constructed of brick, concrete block, or heavy gauge metal, or other non-combustible material
- Have a spark arrestor mesh screen of 1.3cm (.50 inches) expanded metal to contain sparks over the fire at all times.
- Must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult person over the age of eighteen (18) until such time as the fire has been completely extinguished
- Only burn clean untreated wood, charcoal briquettes, propane or natural gas
- Have no flame higher than ninety (90) cm (3.28 feet) above the fire pit of the barbecue fire box
Failure to comply with the setout requirements could result in a fine for the resident.