- Wash your hands often and well. Wash with warm water and soap to remove both visible dirt and invisible germs. Ensure you wash all parts of your hands, including under fingernails. This should take at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands before preparing or eating food, after using the washroom, blowing your nose, handling garbage, or touching shared objects.
- Avoid touching your face or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of the tissue into a plastic-lined garbage bin. Wash your hands afterwards. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into a flexed elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
If you have symptoms, recently travelled outside Canada, or were exposed to someone who has COVID-19, stay home and self-isolate, take the COVID-19 self-assessment and call Health Link 811 if instructed. Do not go to the ER or clinic. If you need immediate medical attention, call 911 and inform them that you may have COVID-19.