The health and safety of our citizens is the City of Lacombe’s top priority. We are doing our best to ensure minimal disruptions to vital municipal services during this public health crisis. Learn more about our response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and how this impacts you as a resident.
The Government of Alberta recently announced additional public health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 throughout the province.
As of November 24, 2020 the City of Lacombe has 17 cases of COVID-19 in the region – putting the City in an ‘Enhanced Watch’ status.
This status means several measures have been enacted for the community, including:
- No indoor social gatherings in any setting
- Outdoor gatherings have a maximum of 10 people
- Weddings and funerals services must be limited to 10 guests, and no wedding receptions are permitted
- No festivals or events are permitted
- Grades 7 to 12 students will be sent home for at-home learning from November 11 to January 11
- ECS to Grade 6 students will be in school until their break and then have at-home learning until January 11
- Working from home should be considered where possible
- Places of worship must limit their regular attendance to one-third capacity with mandatory masking
There will be restricted access to some businesses starting November 27, 2020
Please Note: This information is only current at the time of writing and can change quickly. For the most up-to-date information about COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada and Alberta Health websites.
If you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or lonely as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, you’re not alone. You can call a dedicated helpline to connect with mental health resources 24/7.
Mental Health Help Line: 1-877-303-2642
Addiction Help Line: 1-866-332-2322
AHS Public Health Inspectors Line: 1-833-415-9179
You will be directed to a dedicated team of Alberta Health Services addiction and mental health staff for support and assistance.
Information & Resources
- November 24, 2020 (PDF)
- June 12 Update (PDF)
- May 1 Update (PDF)
- April 17 Update #2 (PDF)
- April 17 Update #1 (PDF)
- April 7 Update (PDF)
- April 3 Update (PDF)
- March 31 Update (PDF)
- March 27 Update (PDF)
- March 26 Update (PDF)
- March 24 Update (PDF)
- March 20 Update (PDF)
- March 17 Update (PDF)
- March 16 Update (PDF)
- March 15 & 13 Update (PDF)