Every year, the City of Lacombe offers residents the opportunity to safely dispose of household hazardous waste and unwanted electronic items at the Infrastructure Services Building (5444 - 56 Ave). These items are diverted from the landfill at no charge to residents.
The date of this year's Toxic / Electronic Waste Roundup is September 21st, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
What can you bring to the Toxic / Electronic Waste Roundup:
- Latex, oil and alkyd paints
- Wood stains, glues, thinners and solvents
- Laundry detergents, bleach, oven cleaners and spot removers
- Waste acids, rust removers, drain and toilet cleaners, and pool chemicals
- Household herbicides and pesticides, lawn fertilizers, etc.
- Car and household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs and tubes
- Aerosol containers, household propane tanks (30lbs maximum)
- Materials containing heavy metals such as mercury, lead or cadmium
- Electronics including televisions, computers equipment such as monitors and keyboards, cameras, phones, VCR/DVD players, stereos and MP3 players
What you can NOT bring to the Toxic / Electronic Waste Roundup:
- Commercial, industrial or agricultural hazardous waste
- Biomedical waste
- Expired medications
- Radioactive waste
- Pressurized gas cylinders (e.g. acetylene tanks)
- Automotive fluids like motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc. (these items can be taken to the Prentiss Transfer Site)
Did you know?
In 2011, the Toxic / Electronics Waste Roundup collected approximately 2,665 litres of waste paint, flammable and corrosive liquids from residents.