Trash to Treasure Week, Lacombe's community-wide celebration of reducing, reusing, and recycling, is held annually in the spring and fall. Experience the feel-good factor when you pass on something unwanted that will be treasured by someone else, or the excitement of discovering a second-hand gem.
- Spring Trash to Treasure is held from May 12 - 22, 2017
- Fall Trash to Treasure is from September 29 - October 9, 2017
- During Trash to Treasure Week, place unwanted but reusable items at the front of your property by the curb.
- Mark your items with the word ‘FREE’ using masking tape or stickers, so that people know what’s available for the taking.
- Take only the items marked ‘FREE’.
- Respect one another's properties; please don’t drive or park on lawns.
- Do not discard unwanted items on another resident’s lawn.
At the end of the week, please remove any items you want to keep. Only leave out items that you wanted collected during the Community Clean-up Campaigns, which immediately follows Trash to Treasure Week.
Please Note: For your safety and security, Health Canada outlines the potential risks of second hand items. Go to http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/cons/info_secondhand-produits-eng.php for more information.