- 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. Monday - Friday
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
- 8:50 p.m. - 9:50 p.m. Monday - Thursday
- 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Saturdays
Public Swim 1:00-5:00 pm
December 24th & 25th, 2017
January 1st, 2018
Parent & tot swim:
Pre-school children and parents are welcome to swim in the teaching pool and whirlpool from between 12:00p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m Saturdays. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a person 14 years of age or older, and remain within arms reach at all times; both in and out of the water.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the main pool, the teaching pool and the whirlpool. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a person 14 years of age or older, and remain within arms reach at all times; both in and out of the water. Public swim times may be different each day, check the schedule to get the accurate time.
A special rate of $2 admission for swiming 6:00 -7:45pm on Toonie Tuesdays and from 1:00-3:00pm on all Wolf Creek School Division closures (PD Days, Snow days, etc).
If you have any concerns or special needs, please speak with the instructor.
This program is a safe, enjoyable and well-balanced shallow water workout with music. It's appropriate for non-swimmers, pre/post natal women, and people of all ages and fitness levels. This program includes both cardiovascular and muscular strength training components.
Swimming lessons are about much more than achieving a badge. Swimming lessons are about learning to be safe in the water, learning first aid and rescue skills, providing recreation opportunities for your kids, and helping them to develop a lifelong commitment to an active and healthy lifestyle.
Tips for success in swimming lessons:
- Let us know as soon as possible if you have concerns about your child's class so that we have time to address them.
- Register early, especially if you would like to register more than one child in lessons around the same time.
- Check your receipt to ensure that your child has been registered correctly.
- Not sure what program level your child is in? We will do a free evaluation. Drop in during a public swim and talk to the supervising lifeguard on shift.
- Sometimes children need a break from swimming lessons. We offer a variety of programs - including the ever-popular Junior Lifeguard Club - as alternatives. Variety can help keep kids interested in aquatics.
On the last day of each session of lessons, parents may join their child's class and participate in the activities. Bring your swim suits and have a little fun. Your children will love it!
If your child has taken the same level twice within a 12-month period at the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre and has not completed that same level, we will provide a free 30-minute private lesson for your child. We take pride in the quality of our instruction. Your child's success is important to us.
Private lessons are a great way to develop specific swimming skills through personalized coaching. If your child is almost finished a level, and needs to complete just a few more items, a couple of private lessons could be the answer for you.
Private lessons are not only for children. We offer private lessons for adults who are looking to learn how to swim when our adult lessons are not available.30 minutes: $23.00