CITY OF LACOMBE
In October of this year, the Province of Alberta will be having the 2010 Local Authorities Election. This is the perfect opportunity to help shape your community and have your voice heard. Notice of Nomination Day is Monday, September 20, 2010, click here for details.
If you are a Voter, please take note of the voting dates. The times and locations will be posted as the election draws near.
If you are a Prospective Candidate, this web page will be an invaluable source of information. The "Handbook for Prospective Candidates" will walk you through the process of running for council and give you general information of being on council. There are other excellent links to quickly get you to Municipal Affairs and the bylaws pertaining to the elections.
For answers to further questions, please email the Returning Officer at
Media Release - Official List of Mayoral and Council Nominees
- As of the 12 PM filing deadline, linked is a list of the nomination papers received by the Returning Officer for the City of Lacombe. Click here.
- A Candidates Forum sponsored By the Lacombe & District Chamber of Commerce - Thursday October 7. The Forum is from 7 - 9 pm at the LMC. Doors open to the public at 6:30 pm.
- Advance Poll #1 - Wednesday, October 13, 2010 from 4 - 8 pm, City of Lacombe Administration Office 5432 - 56 Avenue
- Advance Poll #2 - Saturday, October 16, 2010 from 8 am - 1 pm, City of Lacombe Administration Office 5432 - 56 Avenue
- Election Day - Monday, October 18, 2010 from 8 am - 8 pm, Lacombe Memorial Centre 5214-50th Avenue
Handbooks and Guides
- Alberta Urban Municipalities Association - auma.ca
- Alberta Municipal Affairs - For information regarding procedures, faq's and legislation of municipal elections, click here for the link to Municipal Affairs Web Page