Two major infrastructure projects are scheduled for construction in 2019.
The first is the West Area Servicing Project (Areas 1-4), a joint initiative with Lacombe County and partially funded by developers. It will bring new water, sanitary sewer and storm water services to the west side of the city and into the county across Queen Elizabeth Highway II to allow for new commercial and residential development.
The second project is the 2019 Capital Works Program (Areas 5-9), which focuses on the rehabilitation, replacement and/or upgrades of existing services within the City of Lacombe.
Project design is complete, and contractors have been secured for the West Area Servicing Project. Design work is ongoing for the 2019 Capital Works Program, and so timelines and detailed information is limited at this point.
Click on the numbered project areas in the map below for additional information.
Desktop users can experience a full version of the construction online.
More information will become available as information is received. The City of Lacombe appreciates your ongoing patience throughout the project.
- 76th Street Construction Notice
- Woodland Drive Construction Notice
- Fairway Construction Notice
- 58th Street Construction Notice
- Westview & Garden Road Closure Notice
- Northstar Drive, Westview Drive & Garden Road Notice
- Fairway Drive & 58th Street Closure Notice
- 58th Street, Northstar Drive, & Fairway Drive/56th Avenue
- July 15, 2019 - Northstar Drive Temporary Water Shutdown #1
- July 15, 2019 - Northstar Drive Temporary Water Shutdown #2
- July 17, 2019 - Northstar Drive Temporary Water Shutdown